On 8 "free and clear" acres at State Road 43 and State Road 225, a few miles north of West Lafayette, we have completed building our permanent Church building, and began services at the new building December 7, 2014.
Since December 7, we had completed a number of items:
- Crosses for the roof.
- Area rugs and runner for Nave.
- Grass and prairie grass are planted.
- Lighting upgrade in the multi-purpose room.
- Chandelier/Choros for the Nave.
Yet to be completed are such things as:
- Iconography for Nave and Altar has begun (and we got some nice press coverage).
- A more permanent kitchen set-up for the multi-purpose space.
- Possible awnings to protect currently-unprotected doors from sun and elements.
Money is already on hand to do some of these, and the early sale of our old building, at a good price, allowed us to borrow less than was authorized, while a Parishioner's no-interest "swing loan" allowed (but ended up not being needed) confidence in putting down flooring that we thought might be delayed for a few years.